Human resource managers always make efforts in figuring out innovative and creative ways to unleash the productivity of their employees. The trend of “remote working practices” are gaining popularity among human resources for development team management.
5 Crucial Factors To Consider For Remote Operations
In this article, we have covered all the important factors and tools which will undoubtedly support you to learn how to build an effective remote team?
Productivity-boosting tools will help you to stay connected with your team. In reality, it is a fact that you will be able to unleash the power of productivity tools after purchasing the premium version of these tools.
Below suggested tools will help you to regulate and communicate with your team members:
2. Avoid Micromanaging
Micromanaging is the act of closely supervising or controlling the work of others, often to the point where the manager is involved in making decisions that should be left to subordinates. It can be detrimental to the overall productivity and morale of a team and can create a toxic work environment.
Here are some tips to avoid micromanaging:
- Hire the right people: When you have a team of competent, skilled individuals, you can trust them to do their jobs well without constant supervision.
- Delegate effectively: Delegating tasks and responsibilities allows your team members to grow and develop their skills, and it frees up your time to focus on more important tasks.
- Set clear expectations: Make sure your team knows what is expected of them and what the goals are for each task or project. This will help reduce confusion and ensure that everyone is on the same page.
- Provide regular feedback: Regular feedback will help you identify areas where your team may need additional support or guidance, and it will also give you the opportunity to acknowledge their strengths and accomplishments.
- Let go of control: Trust your team to handle their responsibilities and don’t be afraid to let go of control. This will give your team members the freedom to use their creativity and problem-solving skills.
In reality, the majority of the current workforce does not prefer micromanaging from their supervisors. As, micromanaging reduces the speed of operations during app development and other technical processes.
3. Properly Onboarding the Remote Developers
Onboarding remote developers can be a challenge, as they may not have the opportunity to meet their colleagues in person or get a feel for the office culture. However, with the right approach, you can ensure that your remote developers are fully integrated into the team and are able to hit the ground running.
Here are some steps for properly onboarding remote developers:
- Clearly communicate expectations: Before your remote developer starts, make sure they understand what is expected of them in terms of workload, deadlines, and communication.
- Establish clear communication channels: Ensure that your remote developer has access to all the necessary tools and communication channels, such as Slack, email and video conferencing software.
- Introduce the team: Set up virtual meet-and-greet sessions with the rest of the team so that your remote developer can get to know their colleagues and feel welcomed.
- Provide comprehensive training: Make sure your remote developer has access to all the training and resources they need to do their job effectively, including access to the company’s internal systems and databases.
- Offer regular check-ins: Regular check-ins with your remote developer will help you keep track of their progress, identify any challenges they may be facing, and provide them with the support they need to succeed.
Connect with the top mobile app development company and then you can hire their remote developers or you can even hand over your entire project on a contract base to develop a mobile application or website for your organization.
4. Agile Methodology Will Work Best For Remote Process
The Agile methodology is well-suited for remote work processes because of its flexible and adaptive nature. Agile prioritizes collaboration and regular check-ins, which can be easily facilitated through virtual communication tools, such as video conferencing and instant messaging.
It also emphasizes the iterative development of a product, with constant feedback and adjustments, which can be particularly helpful in a remote work environment where face-to-face interaction may be limited.
Additionally, the Agile methodology places a strong emphasis on clear communication, setting achievable goals, and delivering value incrementally, all of which can help ensure the success of remote work processes.
Learn More: Read about the mobile application maintenance process and accelerate the growth of the application developed by your remote teams.
Below tools will be going to support you in the process of effective remote development of operations. You can take use of 1 or 2 tools which your find most suitable for how to manage remote teams.
- BambooHR: BambooHR is a cloud-based HR management platform that streamlines HR processes, including onboarding. It offers features like customizable forms and e-signature capabilities, making it easy for new hires to complete necessary paperwork. BambooHR also provides real-time reports and analytics, allowing HR managers to track and evaluate the onboarding process.
- Lever: Lever is a talent acquisition platform that streamlines the entire hiring process, including onboarding. Its candidate tracking system allows HR teams to keep track of each step in the hiring process, and its offer letter generator saves time and streamlines the offer process. Lever also integrates with other HR systems, such as payroll and benefits platforms, making the transition to a new role smoother for new hires.
- Gusto: Gusto is a comprehensive HR solution that combines payroll, benefits, and onboarding into a single platform. It also provides HR teams with real-time data and analytics, so they can track the onboarding process and make any necessary adjustments.
- iCIMS: iCIMS is a talent acquisition platform that offers a comprehensive onboarding experience. It includes features like new hire portals and document management, allowing new hires to complete the necessary paperwork and access important information from a single platform. iCIMS also integrates with other HR systems, making the transition to a new role smoother for new hires. Although, hybrid app development requires extensive support from qualified team members who incorporate prowess into diverse technical areas. Use of these tools will be going to support you in managing your HR functions effectively.
While working with the remote team it is important to unlock their optimum potential so that deadlines can be finished in a timely manner. Below is the list of some important tools that you need to implement:
A. ZOOM Application –
Zoom helps remote teams stay connected and productive –
- High-quality video and audio, allowing team members to communicate effectively.
- Screen sharing, enabling team members to present and review documents.
- Recording capabilities, preserving meetings for future reference.
- Virtual whiteboards, facilitating brainstorming and collaboration.
- Annotation and document sharing, enabling real-time collaboration.
- Support for up to 1,000 participants, accommodating large teams.
By using Zoom, remote teams can effectively communicate, collaborate and complete projects, despite being physically apart.
JIRA is a project management tool that can be very helpful for remote teams –
- A centralized platform for tracking tasks and projects.
- Customizable workflows, allowing teams to adapt JIRA to their specific needs.
- Real-time updates, enabling team members to stay informed on project progress.
- Reporting and analytics, providing insights into project performance.
- Integration with other tools, including Trello, Confluence, and Slack.
By using JIRA, remote teams can stay organized, informed, and focused on their work, even when working from different locations. JIRA helps to keep everyone on the same page and ensures that all team members are aware of project progress and priorities.
JIRA tool is useful for handling mobile app development services as well as other relevant services. All your team member’s virtual IDs will be created in JIRA and then they all can track the progress of any project.
It is a web-based platform for version control and collaboration that can greatly assist remote teams –
- A centralized repository for storing and sharing code.
- Version control, allowing team members to easily track and manage changes to code.
- Collaboration features, such as pull requests, issues, and comments, facilitate teamwork.
- Integration with other tools, including JIRA, Trello, and Slack.
- A large, active community of developers and users, providing support and resources.
By using GitHub, remote teams can efficiently develop and manage code, collaborate on projects, and maintain visibility into each other’s work. It helps teams to streamline their workflows and reduces the risk of delays or miscommunication.
Cloudflare is a network security and performance optimization platform that can be beneficial for remote teams. It provides:
- Protection against cyber threats, such as DDoS attacks, malware, and phishing.
- Performance optimization, speeding up websites and improving reliability.
- A global network, ensures that websites and applications are accessible from anywhere.
- Advanced analytics, providing insights into website performance and security.
- Integration with other security tools, such as WAF, DDoS protection, and SSL certificates.
By using Cloudflare, remote teams can ensure that their websites and applications are secure and perform well, even when accessed from different locations. This helps to prevent downtime, ensure accessibility and maintain the privacy and security of sensitive information. Although, the allocation of the mentioned tools will simplify your process of hybrid app development.
Read more: In-house Developers or Outsourcing
Things to Remember
Optimum utilization of the below category of tools will be going to guide you and end your struggle for getting a profound answer on how to manage remote teams?
- Video conferencing tools: These are essential for virtual meetings, where team members can discuss project progress, share updates, and make decisions together. Popular video conferencing tools include Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Meet.
- Instant messaging platforms: These allow for quick and informal communication between team members, which can be especially important in a remote work environment. Examples of popular instant messaging platforms include Slack, Microsoft Teams, and WhatsApp.
- Project management software: This type of software can be used to manage project tasks, set deadlines, track progress, and communicate with team members. Examples of popular project management tools that support the Agile methodology include Trello, Asana, and Jira.
- Virtual whiteboards: These allow team members to collaborate on ideas, create diagrams, and share information in real time. Examples of virtual whiteboards include Miro and Google Jamboard.
Read more about: The Role of Offshore Development in Reducing App Development Costs
It can be concluded that with the help of tools and innovative tactics, you can manage your team members who are working remotely. However, it is crucial that your team members should be willing to input their maximum efforts for your projects. To unleash the efforts of your team members you can also utilize a few strategies for the maintenance of the overall well-being of your workforce.
At Amplework, we provide reliable services for remote developers – we have team members that consist of Android developers, iOS developers and many more remote hiring services. Connect with our support teams and share your requirements for developing user-friendly and high-functionality applications or websites.