In the last decade, we have come across some new devices such as smart wearables like Smartwatches which can monitor your health, calories, heart rate, and many more health parameters. To run these smartwatches, the Android Wear OS is used. However, not every Android app can work on this OS.
The apps which work on this OS are able to show notifications, entertain users, help in fitness tracking, and perform many other tasks. Some of them even may rely on the partner app while some works are stand-alone. But these apps are limited in functionalities considering the hardware of a smartwatch. They are capable of some basic tasks like notifications, attending calls, etc.
In this article, we have listed the best Android Wear Apps to use which are free of cost. We will discuss each of these apps in more detail.
Google Fit helps you track your workout by your phone or watch. You can get real-time stats for your runs, walks, or bike rides. Google Fit has collaborated with the World Health Organization and the American Heart Association. You will just need to walk 30 minutes for 5 days a week to reach the AHA and WHO’s recommended amount of physical activity.
- Use your Android phone’s sensors or Wear OS by Google’s Smartwatch heart rate sensors
- Adjust the goals for challenging yourself
- See Daily progress on Heart points and steps goal
This is a diet plan app with features like a food diary, macro calculator, calorie counter, healthy recipes, etc. Whether you need a keto diet, fasting, paleo or a sugar-free diet. The user can take a test to find which food planner is best for your schedule and lifestyle. There are healthy recipes for supporting meal plans. It can also integrate with Google Fit and S Health so that users can manage their diet as well as their workout activities.
- Diet plan & diet tips for every goal
- Recipes and meal planner
- Calorie counter and food planner
- Food diary and macro tracker
Synonymous with GPS tracking, Google Maps is used by millions of users and give directions to everyone. It has mapped over 220 countries and hundreds of millions of businesses and important places. You can get real-time GPS navigation, traffic density information, and you can find needy & important places such as nearby ATMs, hospitals, police stations, eateries, etc.
- Beat traffic chaos by knowing the traffic density in advance and opt for a better way
- Get the schedule of bus, train, or any other transport to your destination
- Automatically detects your moving speed
Do you find trouble in organizing your grocery list then you must use the Bring app for managing your daily grocery shopping? It comes with a highly user-friendly interface and personalized shopping suggestions. Bring can save you time, money, and energy. It has also a quantity calculator and item predictor for recipes.
- Create shopping list templates
- Share shopping lists with family, colleagues, and friends
- Get a daily dose of cooking preparation
Have you ever encountered a situation where you listen to a very exciting or pleasing song on DJ, function, event, or even on your social media feed but unable to decipher its title by listening to it? That’s where Shazam comes to the rescue. It can identify a song in seconds. The user can listen to the song and add it to Apple Music or Spotify playlists. You can also watch music videos from Apple Music or YouTube. The best thing about this app you can use Shazam pop-up to identify music in the app such as Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, etc.
- Find the trending music in your country or city with Shazam charts
- Get recommended songs and playlists to discover new music
- Turn on Auto Shazam to keep finding songs even when you leave the app
Do you need a smart alarm clock that can also track your sleep cycle? Then Android Sleep is the best app that will wake you up for pleasant mornings. This app has been used by more than 10 million people across the globe for tracking and monitoring their sleeping patterns. It supports wearable tracking like Pebble, Wear OS, Garmin Connect IQ, Mi Band, Tizen-based Samsung wearables, etc.
- Sleep respiration tracking
- Jet lag prevention
- Sleep talk recording
- Snoring detection
- Gentle nature sound alarms
Telegram is amongst the fastest messaging app available in the market. It is amongst the most popular services in the world, still, there are many who know nothing about it. It has often become notorious regarding privacy and security. The core functionality of Telegram is similar to other popular messaging apps however it is largely used for sharing files and going into groups for getting content such as videos, movies, etc.
- Completely Free to Use with no Ads
- Secret chats messages which get self-destruct automatically from both party devices
- Deliver your messages within minimum data usage.
- Reliable and yet powerful
Tinder has made nearly 30 billion matches to date and is the most popular dating app in the world. If you want to expand your social network whether you are in a new city or are traveling. The app is using a very advanced algorithm for matching people. The Swipe Right feature to Like someone and Swipe Left feature to Pass someone is widely famous. It is called the world’s hottest app as it sparks more than 26 million matches per day.
- Tinder Plus for premium features such as unlimited likes,
- Chat with any person around the world
- Tinder Gold for Passport, Rewind, unlimited likes, five super likes per day, one boost per day, etc.
This is a navigation app that can help you in finding directions and comparing all the travel options in real-time. The smart route planner gives you directions that are more socially distanced for your safety. You can get the daily updates on your lock screen for all public transportation, real-time bus arrivals, etc.
- Personalize your city navigation
- Share your live trip with your friends or family
- Smarten up your daily transit navigation
- Hit the GO button for step-by-step directions
Whether you need regular weather updates or today’s weather report, you can get an accurate weather forecast with the AccuWeather app. It gives you in-depth forecast news, updates, weather alerts, and much more. You can get live alerts, radar maps, and detailed reports.
- New and improved UI
- Live weather forecast info
- Get relevant weather content
- Weather tracker and live radar
Glide is a popular video chat messaging app which gives you the option of chatting along with video call. You can use it on your smartwatch and watch live videos, respond with texts, emojis, and even live voice recordings.
- Share videos with friends and family by just a tap
- Awesome filters for your videos
- Capture a photo in real-time or upload it from your device
Spotify is the best music streaming app. It gives you access to millions of songs, podcasts, and also videos from artists all over the world. Spotify is appealing to the users as they can access the content by just simply signing up through their email or by Facebook. It is available for both free and premium versions. You can search for music and add them to your playlist and save the songs. There may be ads sometimes after your song but you have to purchase Spotify Premium to be able to listen to music without the ads.
- Listen to music, albums, artists, and podcasts anywhere, anytime
- Free music, thousands of albums, hundreds of artists
- Songs of every genre including Hindi, Bollywood, and international music
This is another amazing app backed by Google. It is a notes app by which you can quickly store whatever is in your mind and get reminded later. You can grab a photo, poster, receipt or document for organizing it and finding it later. You can also share your keep notes with others. It is easy to manage them through labels, colors, code notes, etc.
- Synchronize on the phone, tablet, computer, and Android wearables
- Share ideas with friends and family
- Add notes, lists, and photos to Google Keep
You must have heard of one of the most popular car booking applications Uber. It is having a huge network across the world. You just have to enter your destination after opening the app. A driver who is nearby will get in touch with you and help you reach your destination. It is a great app for a hassle-free experience both for short and long routes.
- Share location while on trip
- See price estimate before booking
- Submit reviews and ratings after every ride
Are you looking for healthy recipes to lead a healthy life? Then this is probably the best android wearable app for your healthy lifestyle. Healthy Recipes app will help you for keeping up the energy level of your body, weight loss, and better sleep. All the recipes on this app are tried and tested by home cooks, and the free app makes it easy to whip up the favorites.
- More than 1 million recipes
- Collect and organize the recipes
- Shares recipes with your kith and kin
- Detailed nutritional information of all recipes
This is a very user-friendly, beautiful, and next-generation messaging app with a great variety of features and customization. You can sync the messages across all devices through the Pulse SMS app. No other app on the Google Play Store can match its level of design, functionality, features, speed, and platform integration.
- Automatic message backup
- Password protected private conversations
- Powerful searching for conversations
Runkeeper is a GPS based tracking app by which you can track exercise and your fitness activities. You can set goals, and see progress. It has been trusted by more than 50 million users.
- Create challenges of fitness activities on the app
- Save, discover, and build new routes
- Share your activities on social media channels
Calm is a popular app for meditation and sleep. It provided guided meditations by which the user experience lower stress, less anxiety, and more restful sleep. There are breathing programs, masterclasses, relaxing music, etc. on the app. This app is recommended by certified psychologists, therapists, and mental health experts.
- Breathing exercises for keeping you relax
- Music curated for focus, relaxation, or sleep
- 7 and 21-day programs for both beginner and advanced users
Are you tired of keeping too many cards in your wallet? Then this app is for you. With the Stocard app, there is an all-in-one way out that lets you keep your membership and loyalty cards secure, safe, and hassle-free.
- Available for Android wear
- Digitalize the wallet by scanning the code on plastic cards within seconds
- Browse coupons, discounts, in Stocard
Infinity Loop is another app build for your relaxation. It is a puzzle game which intricate looping patterns. Some people say this game is a good puzzle game but with a great zen mode. The goal is to clear your mind, remove the stress from your daily life without any pressure or tension to solve the levels.
- Increase your logic skills
- Infinite number of levels in the game
- Free to play
Do you also need to develop an exciting android wearable app? Then we are here for you. At Amplework, the best mobile application development company in India, we are having expert mobile app developers who can meet every customer requirement. They can also provide you with proper consultation and the business scope of your idea free of cost. Let us know your idea.