You must have heard of one of the most popular car booking applications Uber. It is having a huge network across the world. You just have to enter your destination after opening the app. A driver who is nearby will get in touch with you and help you reach your destination. It is a great app for a hassle-free experience both for short and long routes. The app gives you the ultimate experience of a journey within a city or going somewhere for a long trip.
In this article, we would be focusing upon some interesting Uber statistics. These statistics can be related to revenue, the number of trips, cars, etc. But before beginning, let’s have a quick overview of a few of the stats of Uber:
- The revenue of Uber in 2018 was $11.3 billion
- The on-demand taxi app is having more than 75 million passengers and 3.9 million drivers
- Nearly one-fourth of Americans use Uber at least once a month.
- UberEats is amongst the leading food delivery app globally
- The average price for a Uber ride is $16.16
- In 2018, the losses of Uber amounted to $1.8 billion
- 84.8% of Uber drivers are 41+ years old
Figures of Uber: Statistics at a glance:
In 2011, the value of Uber was around $60 million. Do you know its current valuation?
1. In April 2019, the worth of Uber was around $90 billion (Source: BBC)
Just a year ago, the valuation of the company was at $120 billion. In April 2019, it was expected to be around $100 billion. A month later, its worth was $82.4 billion. The company raised an IPO of $8.1 billion.
2. In 2018, the net revenue of Uber was $11.3 billion (Source: Statista)
The major sources of the revenue of Uber are taxis or ride-hailing businesses, it is not the only one. There are subsidiaries of Uber as well, such as Uber Eats and Uber Freights which are also performing well in the market.
3. Nearly one-third of US citizens use ride-hailing services (Source Pew Research)
Almost every person living in the US heard of ride-hailing. In 2018, 36% of Americans used this service, mainly from Uber or Lyft.
4. Uber is having a share of almost 70% ride-hailing market in the US (Source: Statista)
As per the different sources, the market share of Uber is between 65-80%. Some of the drivers choose to drive for both Uber and Lyft.
5. There are more than 75 million passengers and 3.9 million drivers on Uber (Source: Uber, Newsroom)
6. Currently, Uber is operating in 65 countries. (Source Uber S-1)
Although Uber is having great coverage across the globe, almost half of its revenue comes from the US. The same is true for profits. Almost, 52% of the revenue is from outside of the US.
By 2019, Uber was available in over 600 cities, while UberEats is having a wider reach and is operating in more than 700 cities.
7. The drivers of Uber completed 10 billion trips at the end of 2018 (Source: Newsroom)
As of November 2019, the average number per day is 18 million
Is Ride-hailing dying or it is the future of Travel?
The ride-sharing business has raised many questions in the last few years. The passengers were facing issues with security, drivers’ abilities, and much more.
8. In 2020, the revenue from the global ride-hailing business was estimated at $217 billion (Source: Statista)
China is having a major share in this with worth over $64 billion as of January 2020.
9. It has been expected that User Penetration will reach 10.6% globally in 2023. (Source: Statista)
Ride-Hailing or Taxi:
Ridesharing is taking more and more coverage of the urban travel market. The taxi industry doesn’t have any suitable response.
10. Only 6% of business travelers preferred to use a taxi (Source: Certify)
It seems that the business model of Uber is best for business travelers as 71% of them used ride-hailing services in 2018. Shared rides are still stealing passengers from the taxi services and rental services with attracting fares.
14% use taxis for going to their destinations, 40% took a vehicle on rent, and 46% used ride-hailing.
Uber Stats: Leader in Numbers:
Uber started its journey in 2009 with 150 employees. But now after nearly 10 years, how many employees does Uber have?
11. Currently, there are nearly 22,200 employees working in Uber (Source: Wikipedia, S-1)
Like everything with Uber, the workforce is also divided between the US and the rest of the countries.
12. In the ride-sharing domain & taxi apps, the Uber app is having the most number of downloads (Source: Sensor Tower)
The majority of the downloads in 2018 were from Brazil. In 2018, there were a total of 155 million downloads and Brazilians were responsible for almost one-fifth of this figure.
13. Nearly 91 million monthly active users are managed by Uber (Source: S-1)
Uber’s services cover 2% of the total population of the countries where it operates.
14. By 2021, the users of Uber are expected to reach 539 million (Source: Space of Technologies)
15. At the end of 2018, there were 3.9 million drivers on the Uber platform (Source: S-1)
As per Uber’s S-1 form, it has paid over $78.2 billion to its drivers since 2015. The drivers also got $1.2 billion in tips.
16. One-fourth of US citizens use Uber at least once per month (Source: Statista)
17. Uber was the most utilized vendor in the US in Q3 2018 amongst businesses (Source: Certify)
18. CNBC rated Uber as the #2 “Disruptor” company (Source: CNBC)
Uber Other Market Stats:
19. Uber Eats is among the leading food delivery apps worldwide (Source: Similar Web)
Uber’s food delivery app has penetrated 1% of the global market with $7.9 billion of Uber Eats Gross Bookings.
20. In Q4 2018, Uber eats delivered nearly 15 million meals (Source: S-1)
There are more than 220,000 restaurants that are linked with Uber Eats.
21. Uber Freights earned $359 million in Gross Bookings (Source: S-1)
Hope you have enjoyed this article. We have tried to give you the most important statistics about Uber. It clearly indicates the demand for ride-hailing mobile app services. If you are having similar requirements let us know. At Amplework, the best mobile application development company in India, we are having expertise in developing such apps.